AGES 5 TO 8
INTERMEDIATE & ADVANCED SWIMMING LESONS
Prepare for competitive swimming or just have the peace of mind knowing your child is a competent swimmer. This program teaches all four competitive strokes.
Intermediate and Advanced swimmers learn the basics of competitive Freestyle, Backstroke, Breaststroke, and Butterfly. These levels also focus on developing basic endurance and safety skills to swim further distances. If you are unsure about what level your child belongs in, we will be happy to evaluate your child’s swim history and make a recommendation. Our small class sizes and flexible class scheduling make it easy to find just the right spot for your swimmer.
- 3:1 swimmer to instructor ratio
- Swimmers are encouraged to swim further distances using efficient technique
- IM Levels- Long axis stroke focus: Freestyle and Backstroke. Beginner Freestyle and Backstroke are transitioned to a more efficient stroke using advance stroke drills.
- AV Levels – Short axis stroke focus: Basics of Breaststroke and Butterfly and continued improvement of technique for Freestyle and Backstroke.
- Safety – Elementary Backstroke is taught as a safety stroke to relax, breathe and conserve energy. Treading water, back floating and longer distance swimming is taught to aid swimmers’ knowledge of safety techniques if they swim out too far and become tired.
Have Questions About our Intermediate & Advanced Program?
Contacts us using the form below and we will get back you ASAP.
"Katelyn has gone from not knowing how to swim to being able to do freestyle, backstroke, some butterfly and is now learning breaststroke. She enjoys her lesson and likes her teachers. She also likes to get stickers and ribbons. ”